Monday 1 February 2016

Thing 17: Reflective Practice

I haven't the time to re-wright a post at the moment.

There are plenty of opportunities to do reflective practice in a library setting. From report writing, applications and reviews of conferences and seminars, arranging events, feedback from events, development of projects, and implementation of services.

During my Jobbridge I was requested by a user to arrange an inter library loan with the Office of Public Works (OPW). The OPW was not one of our usual inter library loan (ILL) suppliers. I emailed them to ask what their procedure for inter library loans was. They normally do not do inter library loans but I was able to arrange to borrow the requested book on a short term loan.

I was nervous at first because I did not have a procedure to follow and my supervisor was away for the week so I could not ask advice. The out come was very good because the user got access to the report needed for their work.

Looking back at that experience I'm more confident about setting up ILL and know that does not hurt to ask or inquire about inter library loan procedures.


Part 17: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks: Write a blog entry how you could use reflective practice in your library experience OR look back at your  previous blog entries from 1-16 and choose one to rewrite using the Gibbs method.

No comments:

Post a Comment