Monday 1 February 2016

Thing 23: Making it all Work Together

At first I was skeptical about linking social media accounts because I have not linked accounts since I linked my Facebook and Hotmail accounts years ago. I have un-linked them since they were both hacked during the love bug debacle. So I was a bit wary about linking my accounts. Also as I mentioned before I like to compartmentalize my online activity.

I downloaded Flipboard, Hootsuite and Buffer apps and had a look at what social media options you could use with each. I decided to try Flipboard and Hootsuite. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I loaded my Twitter Feed onto my Flipboard Feed. I really liked the display of Flipboard, you get a full screen view of each post and swipe up or down to travel down your feed. The screen folds in the center.

I also added it to my Hootsuite and my Instagram. This I found quite handy because I could access both accounts from the one application, they are accessible from the one application yet still compartmentalized. You can choose which feed to look at and you can post from within the application. In the future I will look at connecting more accounts, linking accounts have come a long way since I first tried it and is much more desirable.

l think it is a good idea for institutions to link their social media accounts, it will save time and scheduling posts is handy. I also think it is good to link personal accounts if you have multiple social media accounts that are followed daily.


Part 23: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks: Interrogate one or more social media accounts to Flipboard feed OR  Set up a Hootsuite account and add one or more social media accounts to the dashboard OR Link to a Buffer account one of your social media accounts and schedule a post.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on completing all the Things!

    I have enjoyed reading your blog posts. I hope you have enjoyed the journey and found it to be worthwhile.

    Wayne
    The Rudai 23 Team

    ReplyDelete