Saturday 16 January 2016

Catch up: All Things Part 2

Rudai 23: Where I am at

My original plan for catch up was thwarted by several technological problems and a few college and work deadlines. This the first computer screen time since my exams and college assignments finished.

To sum it up my phone bricked itself, with a motherboard malfunction. I was told the data was irretrievable after bringing it to a phone repair shop. This hurts more because I had just downloaded the Blogger app to transfer the posts to Blogger because I was having phone backup problems.

We were having connectivity problems when we moved into the new apartment which were a combination of router, wireless card and computer performance issues, we went through three routers before the router issue was resolved. The wireless card issue was resolved by testing setting changes. I haven’t had enough computer time to know if the performance issues have all been completely resolved but the laptop is now usable.

As the saying goes disasters happen in three’s. I lost one of my college assignments to the final technical glitch which was a MS Word save error. Which made my college deadlines very tight. One evening when I opened the document, it was blank. In the folder with the file appeared what looked like a MS Access file with a weird name but you could not open it. I can only assume that the file was corrupted and because I was not using my own computer to work on the file I did not have my usual backups. One of my colleges in work said that a similar thing happened for her thesis.

On the work front, I just finished my Jobbridge in Teagasc and started a new Job in Kildare County Council.

Lesson learnt; the golden rule is to save the unpublished posts to the cloud.

New Plan

This weekend I hope to retype all lost posts. I still have notes for some of them because I used hand written notes and paragraphs for some but others I typed the notes and posts straight to my S memo and unfortunately all that data was lost.
o   Finish last bits of tasks for partially completed Things.
o   At least one post a day.
o   Try for two posts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Post Schedule


1 comment: