Sunday 24 January 2016

Thing 13: Professional Organisations

I actually had just gotten my confirmation of joining the LAI the day before the Rudai post for Thing 13 was posted.

I first went to the Library Association of Ireland's webpage. On their page there is a tab for membership and under this there is information on the types of membership and how to join. I wanted to join mainly to be added to the mailing lists of several of their groups to be kept informed about the library events being organised. At the time I was in a library jobbridge and had yet to start my library course so I was unsure what type of membership I should sign up for. There are several different options for the type of membership. I went to their website and filled out the online application form.

I also joined some library associations groups on Linkedin when I joined.


Part 13: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks: Look at Library Accociaton's website and write about thoughts on becoming a member

1 comment:

  1. Great! Professional memberships are a fantastic way to get the latest news.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete