Friday 29 January 2016

Thing 18: Communicating through Photographs

I downloaded and joined the Instagram app and got immediately distracted by all the nerdy groups to follow and look at. I commented on a post from the American Library Association of two young sci-fi fans holding signs about reading and Library of congress which was of a gorgeous illustration of Moses. My username is "clairwalton".

Flicker Photo (Share alike (Creative Commons) posted on Twitter by Kristina Alexanderson)
Troopers of 2012 Album: https://goo.gl/RfI9Qs

I really like how the photographer caught the reflection of the figurine in this photo.

It turns out I did not need to add my phone number to my Flicker account, not sure if I had one before but I was able to sign-in using my Yahoo account. I found it much easier to find library groups on flicker than Instagram. But all the photos I wanted to post were copy righted so I found one that was under creative commons and I couldn't help but post.

I also found a nice picture of Trinity College's Long Room posted by Pablo Fernandez on Flicker.

I am no longer working in a library anymore I was working in a research library when I was in Teagasc and the library did not use a photo aggregation site. but they did take photos of their events and publish them on their website and LinkedIn page.

Instagram and Flicker would be useful in for a library to promote and document events run in the library by sharing promotional materials and event photos. They could also be used to promote special collections and exhibitions.

Part 18: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks: Open a liker account and download a creative commons picture to use in your blog And Open an Instagram account and find a library account and start a conversation by commenting on one or two images And Think how to use these applications in a library settings

1 comment:

  1. I like that photo of the stormtrooper! I wonder if it has been re-touched to make the reflection look good, though?

    The Rudai 23 Team

    ReplyDelete