Sunday 17 January 2016

Thing 6: Reflective Practice

I have not been keeping up my blogging for the last few months so I was encouraged to keep on at it by the various other bloggers who are just as far behind as me. I have been reading other library blogs but not many RudaĆ­ blogs. So I decided to explore some blogs.

I would like to thank the author of the Summertime blog for their inspirational post about podcasts with great suggestions to listen to, which I will listen to on my way to work.

As I explored other blogs I noticed that the blog posts were a lot shorter than mine, which had me worried that I was doing it wrong because this my first written blog. I was reminded of a comment my partner said to me "doing a typical Clair thing putting in 150% of effort instead of the normal 100%".

I decided to try to write shorter posts. Then I found a kindred long post blog The Circulation of Information: A Library Blog who has manged to find a balance between long and short posts. So I decided to try to do the same with both long and short posts.

I will try to write shorter posts in general and still do longer ones when needed.

I would have left a comment on the blog but the comments were disabled on the tumbler page. I left a few comments on a few of the other blogs I read and will leave more as I read more.

In general I found the blogs interesting with lots of fun facts and hidden gems and lots more to discover. Each blogger has their own take on the different platforms and tools. I have gained a lot more reading material ideas on where to find interesting blogs, videos and podcasts. Thanks everyone.

Part 6: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks 1. Look at the other participants blogs. 2. Leave comments on a few blog posts. 3. If someone comments on your blog reply to it. 4. Write a blog post about the other participants blogs.


1 comment:

  1. Good reflection, and it's great to see that you found some interesting blogs to read.

    The Rudai 23 Team

    ReplyDelete