Tuesday 19 January 2016

Thing 8: Curation Tools

Pinterest is one of the social media platforms that I discovered during college. Unlike other platforms I was not recommended to the site but happened to stumble upon it when looking up pictures of art and hobby supplies.

I have not been on Pinterest for a while but luckily enough I still remembered my password. I  have not gone into much division or classification of the boards I already have on Pintrest and have not felt the need to reorder them because the main use of them is for my hobbies.

I decided that since I was already a Pintrest user for this thing I would try to use the mobile app and compare my experiences of the two.

Overall both experiences for the app and the website were intuitive and easy to use with some small differences. I found that scrolling and pinning from the app was faster than the website. 

In general for both you can search for boards and pins using keywords and once pinned confirmation notice appears at the bottom of the screen. The background of the search in the app was black with white text while it was the opposite for the website. For the website quick menu options appear when you hover the mouse over the pin but in the app you have to click into the pin to pin it. There is a permanent follow button on boards that are in your news feed which is a pin icon in the app. I found it easier to search for boards on the website. Setting up new boards was the same.

I set up three new boards:
Library: random selection - A collection of library related themes with various topics.
Library; Fantasy - A collection of fantasy pictures, reading lists, inforgraphics and quotes.
Books; Art -A collection of various types of drawings with a book or reading element to the picture.

Part 8: 23 Things Course RudaĆ­ 23.
Tasks explore Pintrest of Flipboard or Storify

1 comment:

  1. HI. Great to see that Rudai 23 has inspired you to check out Pinterest again!

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete